August 17, 2022


  • The Mirage in Las Vegas is closed after a shooting was reported in a hotel room.
  • Las Vegas police said a person has been found dead.
  • Videos from the website showed parts of the hotel in lockdown and officers moving through the building.

The Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas was closed Thursday night after reports of a shooting in a hotel room.

Las Vegas City Police Department Posted in Tweet That she was investigating a shooting incident and that only one person had been declared dead.

“We are investigating a shooting incident in a hotel room at the Mirage. One person has been declared dead,” the department wrote. “This is an active investigation and we will provide more information as it becomes available. Please avoid the area.”

As of press time, it was not clear if the lockdown had been lifted.

Ronald Hohmann, who was at The Mirage at the time of the accident, posted a video on Twitter showing a group of uniformed officers moving through the building. Hohmann told Insider that he heard shooting in one of the rooms.

Pictures and videos from the scene showed what appeared to be crowds of people being held near one of the hotel’s entrances.

NPR’s director of digital news, Saeed Ahmed, reports that access to the second and eighth floors has been blocked, with staff citing an ongoing investigation.

Videos from the scene also showed police cars parked outside the hotel building.

8 News Now News anchor Sasha Loftis It was reported at 11 p.m. – about two hours after news of the shutdown first emerged – that the crime scene tape in front of The Mirage had been removed, and that guests were allowed to return.

Representatives for The Mirage did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Insider.

This is an evolving story. . Please check back for updates





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.