Crystal Palace hosts Arsenal this evening in what will be the return of the Premier League to our screens and it will also mean the start of a new year of fantasy football!
The online game is a perfect way to stay involved in the ins and outs of the Premier League season and opens up opportunities for healthy competition and bragging rights with your friends.
It was the most popular app of the year so far in its latest campaign, with over 8 million active users over the course of the season.
As we quickly approach the FPL deadline for the first week of the game, here’s everything you need to know about joining the league, if you haven’t already.
After creating your team, managers can join and create a league. As a user, you can join up to 25 Summon Leagues and 5 Public Leagues with a maximum of 20 randomly assigned teams.
Creating your own league is an ideal way to battle against your friends, family or co-workers, and here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it from your computer or mobile browser.
- Log in to FPL
- Choose a team
- Scroll down to find the “League and Cups” tab
- You will be taken to a page that says “Join a League and Cup” or “Create a League and Cup”
- Click “Create League and Cup”
- Choose whether you want a classic FPL league (the most popular option) or a live scoring FPL league
- you are done!
If you are using the app:
- Open the Premier League app
- Go to the Fantasy section.
- Scroll down to “Configure Leagues via FPL”
- Click on this tab and follow steps 5-7 above!