Imagine this: You are on a plane with your family. Both of your kids want to watch the same movie on iPhone so they both have an AirPod and a bare ear. They are doing it wrong.
thanks for the Apple Audio Sharing Feature, two people can listen using AirPods or Beats wireless headphones to anything played on the same iPhone or iPad. You’ll be able to talk to your partner without eavesdropping, and your kids won’t need to engage in the unhealthy act of sharing earphones.
For this feature to work, you need a file Compatible Apple device With iOS 14 or later and Wireless headphones supported. This means iPhone 8 or later, or iPad 5th generation or later, as well as AirPods.
Here’s how to connect two headphones to one Apple device.
Two AirPods connected to one iPhone
Sophia Pete | CNBC
- Connect your AirPods or Beats to your iOS device and start playing the content you hope to share.
- Tap the AirPlay button in Control Center on your iPhone or iPad, on the lock screen, or in the app you’re using to watch content or stream music.
- Click Share Audio.
- If you’re sharing with someone who has AirPods or AirPods Pro, have them keep the AirPods inside the case and open the cover near your Apple device. If the person you’re sharing has AirPods Max, you don’t have to be inside the case. If you’re sharing with a Beats user, put these Beats Share More and keep them close to your device.
- You should see your friend or family member’s headphones appear on your screen.
- Click Share Audio again.
This is it! To stop sharing content, simply click the check mark next to the headphones you want to disconnect from.
Side note: If audio sharing is not working, it could be due to incompatibility of your device or headphones. This is what you need:
- iPhone 8 and later
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) and later
- iPad Pro 11 inch
- iPad Pro 10.5″
- iPad Air (3rd generation) and later
- iPad mini (5th generation) and later
- iPad (5th generation) and later
- iPod touch (7th generation)
Compatible headphones include:
- AirPods Max
- AirPods Pro
- AirPods (1st generation) and later
- Solo Pro
- Powerbeats Pro
- Wireless Powerbeats3
- Beats Solo 3 Wireless
- Beats Studio 3 Wireless
- beats flex
- Beats Fit Pro